COMPASS® Bacillus cereus Agar is a rapid method for the enumeration of presumptive Bacillus cereus in human and animal food products within 24 hours.
COMPASS® Bacillus cereus Agar is a solid medium used for the detection and the enumeration of spores and vegetative forms of presumptive species belonging to the group Bacillus cereus in products destined for human and animal consumption.
Detection or enumeration can be performed directly on this medium without purification steps, biochemical confirmation (glucose fermentation, Voges-Proskauer, nitrate reduction and hemolysis testing) and/or microscopic examination normally done within the confines of standardized methods.
COMPASS® Bacillus cereus Agar for the enumeration of presumptive Bacillus cereus is officially certified by AFNOR Certification, under the reference number BKR 23/06-02/10.
- The selective system used inhibits the majority of contaminating secondary flora (Proteus, Citrobacter, Staphylococcus etc)
- Easy to count green colonies after 24 hours incubation
- No confirmation test required
- Pour and streak plate techniques possible with the same media
- Pour plate method only requires 1 plate per sample versus up to 3 plates with the ISO method (Mossel/MYP)
- Detection of weak lecithinase and non-hemolytic strains of B. cereus
For more information click here