With businesses reopening and life resuming, many people are looking for ways to ensure safe and effective disinfection of work environments, public areas, and recreational facilities.
MSC are now offering an electrical disinfectant sprayer or ‘fogging machine’ which can be used to generate a super-fine mist of disinfectant liquid. This enables whole rooms to be effectively treated in a short space of time. The benefit of using a fine mist against viruses and bacteria is that it can attack them both in the air and on surfaces. The super-fine droplets can also access hard-to-reach areas, providing a more thorough coverage of disinfectant than wiping alone. However, it is important to note that disinfectant fogging/misting does not replace the need for manual cleaning procedures but, instead, acts as an additional step in implementing an effective infection control protocol.
See our handy flyer for more information
- CE-marked, hospital-grade system
- No wipe: spray and walk away
- Use with any water-soluble disinfectant
- Simple operation & maintenance
- Holds 2L of disinfectant
- Lightweight: 3.5 kgs with shoulder strap
- Battery or wired option
- 1-year warranty
What disinfectants can I use with the fogger?
- Hypochlorous acid (HOCl)
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)
- Peracetic acid (PAA)
- Sodium dichloroisocyanurate (SDIC)
- Sodium hypochlorite (NaClO)
- These sprayers cannot be used with alcohol or any flammable disinfectant.
Do MSC offer a disinfectant to use with the fogger?
MSC offer a ready-to-use sodium hypochlorite disinfectant, Hydrus 15, which has the distinct advantage of being not classed as hazardous and can be used on all surfaces. It has also been proven effective against Coronavirus.
Hydrus™15 is a fully registered biocide (PCS 99072).
- Fast acting disinfectant
- Stable formula
- Safe for surfaces
- High efficacy at ambient temp
- Fully certified against Coronavirus
How long do I need to leave the room after fogging with Hydrus 15?
A key advantage of Hydrus 15 is that it is not classed as hazardous. We recommend letting fog clear before general readmission and also to allow the relevant contact time (min. 1 min) for the job at hand – but that is generally best practice for fogging and not due to a specific risk associated with the product.
Where can I use the fogger?
- Healthcare – hospitals, GPs, dentists, clinics, test centres etc.
- Hospitality – hotels, restaurants, bars etc.
- Sports Clubs – GAA, soccer, basketball, tennis etc.
- Recreational – gyms, cinemas, swimming pools etc.
- Retail – shopping centres, supermarkets, banks, hairdressers etc.
- Transport – Bus, Train, Taxi, stations, airports etc.
- Education – schools, universities, exam centres etc.
- Other – customs, border control, farms, apartment blocks…
For more information, you can download our flyer here or contact one of our representatives below: