RHAPSODY Agar® is a selective medium used for the enumeration of Pseudomonas spp. in food products and environmental samples in 48 hrs without the need for confirmation steps. Using Rhapsody Agar, your lab can reduce turnaround time by as much as 72 hours.
This method is officially certified by AFNOR Certification for the enumeration of presumptive Pseudomonas spp. in:
- Meat products, in comparison to the reference method NF EN ISO 13720:2010, under the reference number BKR 23/09-05/15 A
- Dairy products, in comparison to the reference method XP ISO/TS 11059:2009, under the reference number BKR 23/0905/15 B
- Environmental samples using the membrane ﬁltration method
BM16708: Rhapsody agar 90mm Petri dishes x 20
Figure 1. Blue-green Pseudomonas colonies on the Rhapsody agar after 48 hours incubation
Instructions for use
- To the surface of pre-poured plates, transfer 0.1 mL of the sample(s) to be tested
- Spread the inoculum with a sterile triangle/spreader.
- Incubate the plates at 30°C for 48 hrs ± 2 hrs.
- After incubation the Pseudomonas spp. colonies can be enumerated without the need for confirmatory tests.
RHAPSODY Agar® eliminates the need for confirmation tests (culture and oxidase tests on five colonies) specified in the reference methods NF EN ISO 13720:2010 – Meat and meat products and in ISO/TS 11059:2009 – Milk and milk products.
- Method fully validated by AFNOR Certification
- Detection of all Pseudomonas spp. and total inhibition of secondary flora.
- Blue to blue-green colonies of Pseudomonas spp. are easily identified
- Direct reading without confirmation steps
- Detection and enumeration in only 48 hours compared to 4-5 days for ISO method
You can download the Rhapsody Technical Datasheet for more information
Fill in the form below for a quote or to arrange a sample pack for evaluation.