The 4s3™ is a semi-automatic sheet heat sealer which is compatible with a wide range of seals and plates of differing designs and heights.
With variable temperature and time settings, sealing conditions are easily optimised to produce a 100% seal, eliminating sample loss.
Plate and seal are placed on the holder, the “Operate” button pressed and the drawer automatically closes. The sealing process is controlled by an electric mechanism. This unique feature eliminates operator variation, giving a consistent seal every time and reducing the damage caused to microplates by over-sealing.
- Automatic sealing process for unmatched sealing consistency
- Variable temperature and time settings for easy optimisation of sealing conditions
- Simple, single button operation
- Rapid heating element for fast start up
- Real-time temperature display
- Auto stand-by function to save energy
- Auto switch off function for added safety
- Compatible with a wide variety of consumables including Random Access Plates
- RS-232 serial port enables full integration with robot automation systems
- Full range of heat seals available including Random Access Heat Seals (96 individual seal spots on a removable backing)
- Small footprint
- Low temperature sealing for use with adhesive seals
Real Time Display
The rapid heating element allows for a quick start up within minutes. The temperature is displayed in real time so that the heating up process can be monitored.
Energy Saving Functions
When the unit is left idle it automatically switches to standby mode, during which the temperature of the heating element is reduced to 60 °C to save energy. When the sealer is left idle for longer periods it switches off automatically for added safety. The times at which the unit switches into standby and switch off modes can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
Adapters and Sealing Aids
The 4s3™ employs a unique and cost saving adapter system. Deep well plates and most other skirted plates can be sealed on the standard plate carrier (4ti-0615, supplied with the unit). For all 96 well PCR plates an additional plate carrier (4ti-0625, optional extra) must be used. Both plate carriers can also be combined for easier handling of shallow well plates such as 384 well PCR plates.
For better sealing of those films which have a tendency to curl, 4titude® offer sealing aids. A weighted platen (4ti-0602) for use with deep well blocks can be ordered separately and a sealing frame for use with all other plate designs is supplied when ordering the optional 4ti-0625 adapter.
The sealer allows for sealing of Random Access Plates with the corresponding Random Access Heat Seals using the Random Access adapter (4ti-0613).
RS-232 Port for Automation Integration
The 4s3™ has an RS-232 port to enable it to be integrated into most automated systems.
The following plate formats can be used with an appropriate holder:
- SBS standard polypropylene and polystyrene plates and deep well blocks
- PCR plates including skirted, semi-skirted and non-skirted formats
- Random Access PCR Plates
Large Range of Heat Sealing Films & Foils
4titude® offer the largest range of sealing films and foils
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||181 x 275 x 310 mm|
|Sealing Temperature Range||60-200 °C|
|Power||300 W (max)|