CAPI 3 HbA1C
THE BEST EQUILIBRIUM FOR HBA1C MEASUREMENT BETWEEN ACCURACY, ROBUSTNESS AND HIGH THROUGHPUT
Building upon 4 years’ experience in HbA1c testing by capillary electrophoresis separation, Sebia has adapted this high resolution technology on its CAPILLARYS3 TERA instrument for an accurate HbA1c measurement at a very high speed.
From whole blood sampling in primary capped tubes to the final result, the CAPILLARYS 3 TERA instruments perform all sequences automatically.
The clear-cut and precise separation of the different hemoglobin fractions allows accurate HbA1c measurement with no altered results in the presence of frequent interferences (labile A1c, carbamylated Hb, Hb F, Hb S, Hb C, Hb D and Hb E) as well as the incidental detection of the common hemoglobin disorders (sickle cell, beta-thalassemia…). Using the IFCC reference method calculation formula HbA1c/(HbA1c+HbA0), developed for the worldwide assay standardization, the Sebia methodology ensures accurate and reliable results.
The CAPI 3 Hb A1c kit can be used on both venous and capillary blood samples*.
The CAPI 3 Hb A1c assay is based on the principle of capillary electrophoresis in free solution. Hemoglobin fractions are separated in silica capillaries, by their electrophoretic mobility and electroosmotic flow at a high voltage in an alkaline buffer. Hemoglobin fractions are directly detected at an absorbance of 415 nm.
- Throughput: from 70 tests/h for CAPILLARYS 3 TERA stand alone to 210 tests/h with CAPILLARYS 3 TERA MC configuration
- Between-run CVs: <2%
- Full traceability and positive sample ID for blood samples
- Full traceability and reagent management through RFID tags
- Color-coded backlit reagent containers
- Cap piercing and tube mixing from primary tubes
- Rapid validation through color-coded profiles using the 96 profile mosaic screen
- Large autonomy:
- Samples up to 600 tubes (with tube loader)
- >5 hours HbA1c testing
CAPI 3 Hb A1c (PN 2515) kit content:
- RFID buffer vials
- RFID hemolyzing solution vial
Related products and accessories not provided in the kit:
- CAPI 3 DISPOSABLES KIT (PN 2580)
- Multi-system Hb A1c capillary controls (2 levels) (PN 4768)
- Hb A1c capillary calibrators (2 levels) (PN 4755)
- Tubes and caps for controls (PN 9202 / PN 9205)
- CAPICLEAN CAPILLARYS 3 (PN 2060)
- CAPILLARYS 3 WASH SOLUTION (1) (PN 2062)
- CAPIprotect (2 x 5L) (PN 2061)
CAPILLARYS 3 TERA MC*
CAPILLARYS 3 TERA TLA*
CAPILLARYS 3 OCTA*