FecalSwab® Patented Sample Collection and Preservation System for Enteric Bacteria
Simplify and standardise Fecal Sample Collection, Transport and processing converting semi-solid fecal matter into liquid samples
Patented Sample Collection and Preservation System for Enteric Bacteria
FecalSwab® is a collection and transport system which is FDA cleared for rectal swab and fecal specimens for enteric pathogen recovery using traditional bacteriology culture.
The system is also compatible with enteric molecular assays for bacteria, viruses and parasites where package inserts indicate Cary-Blair systems for sample collection.*
- Smaller sample quantity, eliminating the need to vent the container, preventing messy accidents during processing.
- Stool samples are easily processed on automated specimen processors, and automatic pipettors minimizing manual handling and mess and maximizing investment in automation.
- Compact alternative for space-efficient transportation compared with traditional bulky fecal containers
- Speed time to treatment by collecting a sample immediately, without having to wait for the patient to submit a fecal specimen
- Pediatric sample collection is simplified using the rectal swab rather than faeces taken from diapers, which contain material that that may cause interference in some tests