Guide-it™ CRISPR/Cas9 Gesicle Production System
While CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing is a powerful technique for genome manipulation, two significant challenges remain: obtaining efficient delivery of Cas9 and the gene-specific single guide RNA (sgRNA) to all cell types, and achieving fewer off‑target effects. To address these challenges, we have developed cell‑derived nanovesicles called gesicles that are created using the Guide-it CRISPR/Cas9 Gesicle Production System. CRISPR/Cas9 gesicles contain active Cas9 protein complexed with an sgRNA specific to a gene of interest, and mediate binding and fusion with the membrane of a wide range of target cells.
- Broad tropism: Efficient delivery of active Cas9 protein and target-specific sgRNA to a broad range of cell types
- Reduced off-target effects: Delivery of Cas9 protein eliminates genomic integration and reduces off-target effects
- Genome editing only when you want it: Tight control over dose and timing of delivery and editing
- The traditional guide RNA scaffold provided with most commonly used vectors will not work with Cas9 delivered using gesicle technology. It is essential to use the pGuide-it-sgRNA1 Vector supplied in Cat. # 631613 or Cat. # 631612 when making gesicles, since this vector contains an optimized scaffold sequence for increased assembly and stability.
- The Gesicle Producer 293T Cell Line is not provided with the system and may be purchased separately (Cat. # 632617)
- Stem cell applications: We have demonstrated high-efficiency editing of endogenous genes in human iPS cells using a combination of CRISPR/Cas9 gesicles and our DEF-CS culture system.
- Note regarding primary CD34+ cells and primary T cells: While CRISPR/Cas9 gesicles have worked well in editing hard-to-transfect cell lines such as Jurkat cells, we have so far been unable to demonstrate high editing efficiency in primary CD34+ cells and primary T cells.
Size: 1 System
- CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing
- Stem cell research