Helios are horizontal laminar airflow cabinets produced by Steril and designed for the
situation where is requested the product protection from dangerous effects due
to uncontrolled diffusion of air-transported contaminants from the
environmental to the product during its handling.
- Normally used in laboratory of microbiology and cell culture.
- Furthermore, used in innovative fields of scientific research and above all in the manipulation of:
- Quality Control in food industries
- Micro mechanical assembly
- Preparation of nutritional parentheral bags
Sterility in the working area higher than ISO 5 class according to ISO EN 14644-1 @ 0,3 and 0,5 µm particles size (Class 100/M3.5 according to Federal Standard 209E) with a laminar air flow velocity of 0,40 m/s +/-20%.
Since HELIOS is not a biosafety cabinet, it is not suitable for handling pathogens components.
Working surface in stainless steel AISI 304L “2B” finishing with 15 mm lift (see picture).
Side walls in toughened safety glass with 3 holes 19 mm diameter for the easy passage of external connection of fluids and/or cables without necessity of factory assembly.
Lighting on working surface by means of 2 fluorescent lamps of 36W fitted in non-contaminated area for HELIOS 48 and 58W for HELIOS 72.
Construction structure in steel epoxy-polyester powder coated, resistant to the most common industrial disinfectants.
Ventilation system by means of n°1 motor blower for HELIOS 48 dedicated to the one-way airflow in the working chamber.
HELIOS 72 is supplied with n° 2 motor blowers in parallel way system
The motor blower is centrifugal type, direct driven motor with double aspiration and protection factor IP55.
Air filtration by means of disposable high retention capacity pre-filters and H14 HEPA filters with efficiency 99,995% MPPS according to EN 1822 (99,999% tested with DOP @ 0,3 µm).
Protection grid, for HEPA filter made by anodized aluminium.
- Automatic air velocity regulation
- Fluorescent lights
- Power socket 4 A UNEL IP 55
- DOP/DOS 100% test inlet hose-barb port
- Steel support stand epoxy polyester coated
- Chest of 3 drawers on pivoting wheels in steel epoxy coated
- 30W germicidal lamp with front screen, wavelength 253.7 nm (UV-C)
- Gas manual tap manufactured in compliance with UNI/CIG regulations. Tap is provided with the automatic safety valve for interruption in case of electric blackout and/or air velocity out of pre-set range. Terminal connection for 6 mm diameter gas line.
- Bunsen burner with automatic switch ignition
- Bunsen burner with automatic foot switch ignition
- Compressed air line with manual tap
- Nitrogen line with manual tap
- Vacuum line with manual tap