This kit enables users to perform cDNA synthesis directly from 1–1,000 intact cells (or 10 pg–10 ng of total RNA) with high reproducibility, even gene-body coverage, and accurate representation of GC-rich transcripts. Full-length cDNA libraries produced with this kit are compatible with both Illumina and Ion Torrent sequencing platforms. The core SMART technology employed by this kit provides full-length transcript information, enabling analysis of transcript isoforms, gene fusions, point mutations, etc. Oligo(dT) priming is used to specifically amplify mRNA from either high-quality total RNA (RIN >8) or intact cells. The inclusion of LNA technology in the SMART-Seq v4 Oligo improves the efficiency of template switching, allowing for identification of higher numbers of genes relative to other methods.
- SMART-seq2 and LNA technologies—Template-switching efficiency is improved through the incorporation of LNA technology.
- Unparalleled sensitivity—Start with as little as 1 cell or 10 pg of total RNA (input range: 1–1,000 cells or 10 pg–10 ng of total RNA).
- High-quality RNA-seq data—Identify the highest number of genes of any SMARTer Ultra Low kit; obtain full-length transcript information, a low percentage of rRNA reads, and great representation of GC-rich transcripts.
- Suitable for multiple sequencing platforms—cDNA libraries are compatible with either Illumina or Ion Torrent NGS platforms.
- Sample prep made easy—The single-tube protocol works directly on whole cells and helps to preserve sample integrity.
Size: 960 Rxns
- cDNA synthesis from small quantities of cells or total RNA for transcriptome sequencing
- cDNA outputs from this kit can be used with either our Low Input Library Prep Kit (being replaced with the ThruPLEX DNA-seq Kit) or Nextera® XT library preparation kits for Illumina sequencing, or with the Ion Xpress Plus Fragment Library Kit for Ion Torrent sequencing