SMART-Seq® v4 Ultra® Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing
This kit enables users to perform cDNA synthesis directly from 1–1,000 intact cells (or 10 pg–10 ng of total RNA) with high reproducibility, even gene-body coverage, and accurate representation of GC-rich transcripts. Full-length cDNA libraries produced with this kit are compatible with both Illumina and Ion Torrent sequencing platforms. The core SMART technology employed by this kit provides full-length transcript information, enabling analysis of transcript isoforms, gene fusions, point mutations, etc. Oligo(dT) priming is used to specifically amplify mRNA from either high-quality total RNA (RIN >8) or intact cells. The inclusion of LNA technology in the SMART-Seq v4 Oligo improves the efficiency of template switching, allowing for identification of higher numbers of genes relative to other methods.
- SMART-seq2 and LNA technologies—Template-switching efficiency is improved through the incorporation of LNA technology.
- Unparalleled sensitivity—Start with as little as 1 cell or 10 pg of total RNA (input range: 1–1,000 cells or 10 pg–10 ng of total RNA).
- High-quality RNA-seq data—Identify the highest number of genes of any SMARTer Ultra Low kit; obtain full-length transcript information, a low percentage of rRNA reads, and great representation of GC-rich transcripts.
- Suitable for multiple sequencing platforms—cDNA libraries are compatible with either Illumina or Ion Torrent NGS platforms.
- Sample prep made easy—The single-tube protocol works directly on whole cells and helps to preserve sample integrity.
Size: 960 Rxns
- cDNA synthesis from small quantities of cells or total RNA for transcriptome sequencing
- cDNA outputs from this kit can be used with either our Low Input Library Prep Kit (being replaced with the ThruPLEX DNA-seq Kit) or Nextera® XT library preparation kits for Illumina sequencing, or with the Ion Xpress Plus Fragment Library Kit for Ion Torrent sequencing