SafeFAST Premium have been adopted worldwide in use for product, personnel and environmental protection while handling harmful agents pathogenic to human beings and/or animals as defined in the appropriate international standards, in a wide range of disciplines in applications such as: Microbiology, Virology, Hematology, Cell culture, Genetics, Handling of hazardous agents to human beings or animals.
The ambient air is drawn in from the slots at the stainless-steel base of the front opening and it then passes under the work surface, from where it is drawn up and blown into the plenum of the re-circulating and exhaust fan(s).
The “bio-dynamic sealing system” of the negative pressure plenum ensures that all contaminated particles are kept inside the system and are automatically drawn to the plenum or pressure chamber to be captured by the main re-circulating and exhaust H 14 HEPA/ULPA filters. The fan system assures that no part of the cabinet comes ever under positive contaminated pressure to the laboratory, thus protecting and preserving the environment and operating personnel from exposure to agents of bio-contamination.
70% of the filtered air is re-circulated (after passing through a H14 HEPA/ULPA filter) in an air cleanliness in Class ISO 3, according to ISO 14644-1 laminar flow pattern downwards into the work chamber and the remaining 30% is exhausted to atmosphere through another H14 HEPA/ULPA filter.
External structure in epoxy powder coated cold-rolled steel for excellent corrosion resistance to the attack by aggressive common chemicals. Alternatively special models with external structure made in AISI 304L stainless steel for superior cleanability are also available on demand.
Rear wall in stainless steel AISI 304 L, designed to conform to requirements and pass the “cleanability test” according to EN12469:2000.
Work surface in stainless steel AISI 316L consisting of sections (or in one piece upon request) which are easily removable for carrying out routine cleaning and/or autoclaving sterilization procedures; closed or perforated on request.
Front window: electrically operated vertically sliding safety glass sash window.
Re-circulating and extractor DC fans: SafeFAST Premium is supplied with double centrifugal DC fan ( main and exhaust ) to provide complete operator, product and environmental protection. Moreover it is designed and is also suitable to discharge the filtered air outside the laboratory through a ducting system if required.
Filtration: Low pressure drop H14 HEPA/ULPA filters with an efficiency better than 99,995 % MPPS (EN-1822). These filters are tailored for the unit SafeFAST Premium with increased media filtration for double filter lifetime.
Operation Condition: Air cleanliness in Class ISO 3 as per ISO:EN 14644-1.
The user-friendly practical keyboard and the rear-lit LCD will continuously display all required data keeping the user constantly informed of the cabinet conditions in operation, and in particular:
- display of laminar airflow velocity and frontal air barrier velocity
- display of inside and outside temperature
- display of residual lifetime of HEPA/ULPA filters, UV Lamp and activated carbon filter (if fitted)
- display of total number of hours of operation
- display of saturation level of HEPA/ULPA filters.
Audio-visual alarms provided for:
- out of range or incorrect laminar airflow velocity and frontal air barrier velocity
- incorrect position of front sash-window
- clogging of HEPA/ULPA filters
- end of life-cycle of UV lamp and saturation of activated carbon filter (if fitted)
- blockage in the exhaust duct ( if fitted )
- fan-motor malfunction
- power failure
D.O.P.-DEHS inlet port for testing the HEPA/ULPA filters.
Magnetic and removable UV sterilizing lamp (optional) that can be easily placed in each area of the back wall. It is completed with two switch-off countdown timers, one variable on a 0-3 hours scale (1 minute steps), the other set to 3 fixed hours.
Products in SafeFAST Premium range
|F00024900000||SafeFAST Premium 209|
Width [cm]: 90
|F00025200000||SafeFAST Premium 212|
Width [cm]: 120
|F00025500000||SafeFAST Premium 215|
Width [cm]: 150
|F00025800000||SafeFAST Premium 218|
Width [cm]: 180