200 µl, 300 µl or 330 µl round wells, U or V shaped bases, clear polypropylene
These shallow 96 well storage microplates are particularly suitable for collection and preservation of samples widely used in cell biology research, molecular biology research, and drug discovery.
Four formats are available of this plate – a U-bottom plate with 300 µl or 330 µl well volumes (4ti-0110 and 4ti-0116 respectively), and a V-bottom plate with 200 µl or 330 µl well volume (4ti-LB0109 and 4ti-0117 respectively).
Now also available: a Low Binding plate with ultra-low DNA binding properties( 4ti-LB0109) for sensitive applications such as Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation.
All of these plates are ultra-flat for a completely uniform seal; either with adhesive or heat seals, or with our accompanying silicone sealing mat (4ti-0138).
The plates are manufactured in cleanroom facilities which are certified free of RNase, DNase, human genomic DNA and endotoxins. We use only the highest medical grade virgin polypropylene with high resistance against chemicals such as DMSO, phenol, and chloroform.
- Polypropylene – has very low bio molecular binding characteristics, a high temperature tolerance and resistance to many standard laboratory chemicals, including DMSO.
- 4titude now offers Low Binding Microplates (4ti-LB0109) with ultra-low DNA binding properties for sensitive applications such as Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation. The plates are made of selected low bind polymers, no coating is used to achieve the binding characteristics. The plate features stacking ribs under the deck for improved stability, strengthening the plate for use in robotic automation applications (not suitable for use on PCR blocks).
- Clear Plate – perfect for storage applications.
- U-Bottoms (4ti-0110 and 4ti-0116) – are best for washing, mixing and pelleting and give high surface area
- Conical V-Bottoms (4ti-LB0109 and 4ti-0117) – are best for precipitation, centrifugation and small volume recovery, as the liquid gathers at the lowest point of the V for easy pipetting.
- Round Wells – are suitable for most applications as they reduce droplet effects and wicking.
- SBS footprint – compatible with plate readers and ideal for use with automation
- Non-Sterile as standard – sterilisation available upon request
- Suitable as a collection plate from filter systems
- Temperature range for use -80 °C to 120 °C
- Alphanumeric labelling
Now Available – Low Binding Plates with Ultra-Low DNA Binding Properties
Sensitive applications such as Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation applications demand the highest quality consumables. Low binding polypropylene tubes allow for multiple incubation and transfer steps without sample loss.
Polypropylene (PP) is the best plastic material for PCR tubes as it is chemically inert, resistant to solvents, and well suited for injection moulding – allowing for production of thin-walled tubes for optimum PCR results.
DNA has been shown to bind to PP tubes especially at high ionic strength, despite the very hydrophobic nature of this material. Different PP polymers are used for the production of PCR consumables and as they differ in their characteristics including surface charges, they consequently bind DNA in varying amounts.
DNA binding to PP surfaces has typically only been an issue for reaction tubes and storage vessels but not for PCR/qPCR tubes. DNA sticking to tube walls is either released during denaturation steps and/or remains accessible for amplification.
Nevertheless, due to a progressing volume miniaturisation and with new technologies such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), PCR/qPCR tubes are more and more also recommended for other applications which may require ultra-low DNA binding.
Plates of this design with ultra-low DNA binding properties are now available to order under the product code 4ti-LB0109.
- Low-binding feature results from selected low-bind polymers, no coating is used to achieve the binding characteristics – No contamination or modification of the samples
- Tested under a broad temperature range – Maximum DNA recovery after low temperature storage and high temperature incubation
- No DNA loss during incubation steps and sample transfer in NGS sample prep and library construction – Ideally suited for sensitive applications with ultra-low DNA input
This plate is available with linear Code 128-format barcodes to aid identification and traceability for your samples. To order your plates with barcodes, simply add /SBC to the end of the ordering code for Standard Single Barcoding, /DBC for Standard Double Barcoding, /TBC for Standard Triple Barcoding, or /QBC for Standard Quadruple Barcoding (see Barcoding for more details).
Plates can be sterilised on request, please contact us for further information and pricing.