- Unrivalled sealing performance and consistency –
5,000 perfect seals without intervention
- SiLA compatible – Easy integration into robotic systems
- No external air supply required – Cost-saving and compact device, simple installation
The main advantage of the a4S is that it does not require an air supply, which gives it the flexibility to be used on standard lab benches as a stand-alone unit, or integrated within a robotic set‑up. The sealer’s rapid heating element enables a fast start-up, and the stand-by function saves energy when the unit is not in use.
The a4S sealer is compatible with a wide range of SBS footprint plates, including all PCR plate formats from 96 well to 1536 well, assay plates, deep well storage plates and microplates. Varying plate heights, from 3 mm to 60 mm can be accommodated with minimal adjustments of the instrument. Plates are presented in portrait format and the plate position on the shuttle allows good access for robotic integration.
Rolls with a width of between 75-85 mm can be loaded in either of two roll positions, depending on roll length and available space, enabling the entire instrument to fit under the gantree of most liquid handling robots.
The width and length of the applied seals are set to precisely cover an SBS footprint plate without interfering with plate stacking. The seal position can be adjusted to give an overhang at one end of the plate to facilitate ease of seal removal.
- No need for compressed air – Installation is fast and flexible
- 2 positions for different roll sizes – Increased flexibility
- Optional roll cover – Seal protection for sensitive applications
- Colour touch screen with intuitive user interface – Ease of use
- Unlimited password protected protocols – 3 security levels save personalised and SOP set temperatures and times
- Rapid heating – Fast start up time, block uniformity is maintained to ± 1 °C
- Variable time/temperature controls – Adjustment of time and temperature settings enables the perfect seal to be established for any sealer friendly, high-quality plate type, e.g. all 4titude® plates
- Up to 5,000 seals without manual intervention – True walk-away-system
- Reproducible sealing – Fixed pressure and accurate time and temperature controls ensure consistent sealing
- High sealing pressure – Improved seal uniformity on the widest range of plates
- Sealing cycle time of less than 15 sec – Time saving
- Compatible with a wide range of plate types, from racked tubes to 1536 well PCR plates – Highest flexibility
- Flexibility of seal material choice – 4titude® offers a wide range of sealing materials, with a variety of properties for use with the a4S
- Compatible with gas permeable heat seals – No instrument modification necessary for maximum convenience
- Competitive pricing – Save money without compromises
- Auto standby mode – Saves energy and prolongs component life
- 2 year warranty on parts and labour
- Extended warranty and service contracts available – For peace of mind
Plug and Play Robotic Integration
All 4titude® instruments are compliant with SiLA standards for rapid integration of automated systems (www.sila-standard.org). This means they can be “plug and play” connected with other instruments, such as readers, robotic arms and liquid handlers, to give a custom automated system without the need to write expensive custom drivers. The a4S heat sealer is extremely versatile leaving you the freedom to expand and configure your systems such as adding robotic plate handling.
• Full communication protocol available – Operate the instrument and record sealing conditions for each seal using the RS232 communication port
• SiLA compatible – Quick and easy integration with other SiLA compliant devices using the SiLA driver (available at extra cost, please see ordering information).
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||230 x 507 x 276 mm|
|Sealing Temperature Range||100-195 °C|
|Sealing Time Range||0.1-10 sec|
|Weight (without roll)||27 kg|
|Power Supply||V in: AC 100-240 V|
V out: DC 24 V 320 W
|Power Consumption||700 W (max)|
|Working Temperature Range||10-30 °C|
|Operating Humidity (RH)||0-85%|
|Connection||RS-232 serial port, USB port|