This POWDER SAFE cabinet is a vertical laminar flow in ISO 5 Class according to ISO EN 14644-1 @ 0,3 and 0,5 m particles size (Class 100/M3.5 according to Federal Standard 209E). The cabinet is designed with part of air recirculated and part of air exhausted outside the equipment through H14 HEPA filters (according to EN 1822).
The operating cycle described above together with an inflow air barrier assure a slight depression and, therefore, isolation from the surrounding area.
The identified and carefully estimated factors considered as essential, with particular reference to process and safety requirements, are:
• protection of the product;
• protection and safety of the operator;
• containment of handled product;
• cleanness of working area;
• ergonomic factors.
The operator and the environmental protection and product safety from cross contamination are obtained by appropriate flows permanently monitored by a microprocessor automatic control system.
The operator and the environmental protection are achieved exhausting 40% of air through an HEPA filter. This maintains the cabinet in negative pressure and creates an air barrier of more than 0,40 m/s. The recirculation of the remaining 60% of the air on the working area in laminar air flow condition at a mean 0,30 m/s through another HEPA filter guarantees the cleanness of the working area, avoiding cross contamination and any perturbation or dispersion of dust.
Moreover the specific construction of the cabinet, special fixing devices on the fan together with a marble anti-vibration support (optional) allow the use of balance for measures up to 0.01 mg.
- Fluorescent lights.
- N. 2 Power sockets 4 A GERMAN TYPE IP 55 (internal back panel right and left side)
- DOP/DOS 100% test inlet hose-barb port (internal under worktop – left side).
- 3 holes (19 mm diameter) on both side windows (for fluid taps installation or Balances/PC connections) with plastic caps.
- Epoxy polyester coated steel support stand
- Chest of 3 drawers on pivoting wheels in steel epoxy coated
- Additional electrical power socket (right or left internal back panel)
- Anti-vibration marble stone support tested for measures up to 0,01 mg
- Compressed air line with manual tap
- Nitrogen line with manual tap
- Vacuum air line with manual tap
- Gas line with manual tap (internal back panel – right side) manufactured in compliance with UNI/CIG regulations, piping made of copper and hose-bard 10 mm. diameter (external) for the connection to the main line. The gas line is provided with electrical automatic safety valve for interruption in case of electric blackout and/or ventilation failure.