Human CCL5 (RANTES) ELISA MAX™ Deluxe 5 Plates
CCL5, also known as RANTES, is a member of the CC family of chemokines. The precursor of CCL5 contains 91 amino acids, with an N-terminal signal peptide of 23 amino acids which is cleaved to generate the 68 amino acids mature protein (7.8 kD). Human mature CCL5 shares 82% – 90% amino acid seqeuence identity with equine, porcine, bovine, mouse, rat and canine CCL5.
CCL5 is expressed by T cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays an active role in recruiting leukocytes into inflammatory sites through receptors CCR1, CCR3, CCR4, and CCR5. CCL5 induces the proliferation and activation of certain natural killer (NK) cells. It also inhibits HIV-1 entry and infection. In addition, CCL5 plays a crucial role in the migration and metastasis of cancer cells. Increased CCL5 levels are found in melanoma, breast, cervical, prostate, gastric, and pancreatic cancers.
Both the ELISA MAX™ Set Standard and ELISA MAX™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Application References
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Patsouras M, et al. 2015. J Autoimmun. Available online 15 August 2015. PubMed
- 3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/ml
- Materials Not Included
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Kit Contents
- Human CCL5 (RANTES) ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL5 (RANTES) ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL5 (RANTES) Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- NUNC Maxisorp™ 96 MicroWell Plates
- Cell Sources
- T cells, monocytes/macrophages, mesangial cells, platelets
- Gene ID
- 6352View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL5 on UniProt.org