- Collect a small amount of sample by rotating swab tip to cover it with faeces. Avoid touching the swab applicator below the pink moulded breakpoint.
- Sample can also be obtained by taking a rectal swab (refer to package insert and institution standard operation procedures for instructions).
- Remove cap from the tube and insert the swab to the bottom of the tube.
- Mash and mix stool specimen against the side of the tube to disperse.
- Holding the tube away from face, grasp the end of swab shaft and bend at a 180 degree angle to break at the pink breakpoint. If needed, gently rotate the swab shaft to complete the breakage.
- Screw the cap on tightly to prevent leakage.
- Identify tube with patient information and send
For more infomation on FecalSwab® click here