In addition to the MID-67 Listeria-ID kits, we are happy to announce the launch of MID-64 Microgen GN-ID A for the identification of the most commonly isolated Enterobacteriaceae from food samples.
Salmonella and E. coli are two of the major food-borne pathogens isolated routinely from food testing laboratories. Apart from these well-known microorganisms, it is important to detect other Enterobacteria in food for a number of reasons:
- Indicator of faecal contamination
- Risk of food spoilage
- Pathogenic potential
- Process hygiene indicator
Microgen® GN-ID A (MID64)
Microgen® GN-ID A is a convenient 12 substrate ID system giving a reliable identification based on its standardized biochemical substrates, easiness of use and interpretation system in 24 hours.
Addition of the Microgen® GN-ID B kit will extend the format to a 24 substrate ID system for Enterobacteriaceae and Oxidase positive, non-fastidious, Gram-Negative bacilli. This GN-ID B kit is planned to be launched in October 2023.
Key Benefits of MID64:
- Comprehensive panel: 12 (GN A) or 24 (GN A+B) standardized biochemical substrates to extensively identify the family Enterobacteriaceae.
- Rapid results: Identification obtained in 18-24h (GN A) and 48h (GN A+B).
- Easy to use & easy to interpret system: straightforward identification thanks to the Microgen-ID System Software (optional purchase).
Additional reagents, MID61 range:
- • MID61C VP I reagent
- • MID61D VP II reagent
- • MID61E TDA reagent
- • MID61F Indole Kovacs reagent
- • MID61G Oxidase strips
- • MID61H Mineral oil
YouTube video – How to use MID-67: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssObESSBjs
MID-67 Flyer attached
To find out more about our Microgen products, contact your account manager or get in touch below to speak to a member of our team.
Get In Touch